This article will show you how to fix Valorant FPS drops in Windows 11.
Valorant FPS drops in Windows 11 is a problem that has been present for a while. There are many fixes to fix the issue, but some of them can be difficult to follow. This article will explain how to fix the issue and what steps you should take.
Vladimir Popescu’s contribution
Editor in Chief
Vladimir has a love for all things computer-related, having spent his whole life as an artist and playing professional handball. With a natural curiosity for study and analysis, and the realization that… Read more
- Background applications and features using system resources, as well as excessively high in-game graphics settings, may cause FPS reductions in Windows 11 Valorant.
- Some players may be able to improve Valorant’s poor FPS rates by adjusting the graphics settings in-game.
- For certain users, updating drivers may fix FPS dips in Valorant and other games on Windows 11.
- Valorant’s frame rate may also be improved by disabling third-party startup items and services on Windows 11.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We suggest Restoro PC Repair Tool to repair a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer problems, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eliminate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To identify Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To address problems that are impacting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Valorant is a relatively new freemium first-person shooter game that is currently being played by a growing number of people on Windows 11. In Valorant, like in many other shoot ’em ups, a good FPS (Frame Per Second) rate is essential for the smoothest gameplay.
However, several players have complained on the Valorant support forums about significant FPS reductions while playing the game with Windows 11. After updating to Windows 11, the frame rate of Valorant was significantly reduced for certain gamers. In a Microsoft forum post, one player said:
Anyone anyone seeing a decrease in FPS after upgrading to Windows 11? I realize it’s still in testing, but on Valorant, I used to get +200 FPS. Now I’m at 130, which is the same as in Resident Evil 6. I used to have about 120 frames per second, but now it’s down to 80 or fewer.
Have you seen a similar decrease in FPS in your Valorant game on Windows 11? If that’s the case, the methods listed below may be able to get your Valorant game’s frame rate back to where it was on Windows 10.
Why does Valorant’s frame rate decrease on Windows 11?
Valorant isn’t the only game on Windows 11 that has had significant FPS decreases. Some gamers have complained of substantial frame rate reductions in all of the games they play on the platform. As a result, FPS reductions in games aren’t unusual with Windows 11.
Keep in mind that Windows 11 is still a very young operating system. As a result, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that Windows 11 has a few gaming performance problems. Microsoft may need some more time to resolve them.
As you can see in the picture above, games may be played at about 30 frames per second, although this is not ideal for multiplayer or competitive gameplay.
Nonetheless, there are a few factors that may influence Valorant’s frame rate on Windows 11. The following are some of the most common reasons for a Valorant’s FPS to decrease on the most recent platform:
- Antiquated graphics card drivers: Antiquated GPU drivers may cause low frame rate problems.
- Game DVR: The Game DVR function in Windows 11 uses up system resources, lowering the FPS rate for gaming.
- Background programs: A large number of starting items may cause Valorant’s FPS rate to decrease.
- Graphics settings in-game: Higher graphics settings in-game result in lower average frame rates.
- High mouse polling rate: In Windows 11, a mouse polling rate of 1,000 Hz or greater is said to cause frame rate reductions in games.
What can I do if my Valorant FPS decreases dramatically on Windows 11?
1. Make sure Windows 11 is up to date.
- Select the Start taskbar icon from the taskbar.
- Then, from the Start menu that appears, choose Settings.
- Select the Windows Update option from the drop-down menu.
- Check for updates by using the Check for updates button.
- If asked, restart your computer.
2. In Windows 11, enable Game Mode.
- From the taskbar, choose Start.
- Select your preferences.
- Then, under Settings, go to the Gaming tab.
- On the Gaming tab, choose Game Mode.
- To activate it, turn on the Game Mode option.
3. Pick a high-efficiency power plan.
- Select the Run shortcut from the menu by right-clicking the Windows logo on the taskbar.
- Then, in the Open box, type the following text and click OK: powercfg.cpl powercfg.cpl powercfg.cpl power
- If the High performance option isn’t displayed in the Power Options Control Panel applet, click Show other plans.
- Select the High performance radio button after that.
4. Reduce Valorant’s graphics settings in-game.
- Start Valorant and go to the Video settings tab.
- Select the Graphics Quality tab from the drop-down menu.
- Ensure that Multithreaded Rendering is turned on.
- The Anisotropic Filtering option should be set to 1x.
- Anti-Aliasing should be set to None.
- VSync should be turned off.
- Reduce the graphical quality of the material, texture, detail, and UI settings to low (or at least medium if they’re set to high).
- Also, disable the clarity, bloom, shadows, and distortions settings.
5. Make sure your graphics card’s driver is up to date.
- On the taskbar, press the magnifying glass button.
- Open Device Manager by typing it into the search tool’s text field.
- Right-click your PC’s graphics card and choose Update driver after double-clicking the Display adapters category.
- Then, in the Update Drivers box that appears, choose the option to Search automatically for drivers.
If the Update Drivers tool fails to update the driver for your graphics card, a newer version may be available.
When you run a driver updater program on your PC, it will show you which devices have outdated drivers. Then, using driver updater software such as DriverFix, you may update your GPU’s driver.
6. Restart Windows 11 for the first time.
- Type msconfig using the Windows + R hotkey.
- On the General tab, choose Selective startup and uncheck the Load startup items option.
- Select the Hide all Microsoft services option on the Services tab.
- To uncheck all of the checkboxes for third-party software services, click Disable all and then OK.
- On the dialog box, choose the Restart option.
7. Turn off the Game DVR option.
- On the taskbar, press the Search button, enter regedit, and choose Run as administrator.
- Then, in the Registry Editor, open this key: ComputerHKEY CURRENT USERSystemGameConfigStore
- To open the Edit DWORD window, double-click the GameDVR Enabled DWORD.
- In the Value data box, type 0.
- To open the Edit DWORD window for GameDVR FSEBehaviourMode in the same registry entry, double-click it.
- Click the OK button after typing the value 0 into the text field.
- Next, go to the following registry key: ComputerHKEY LOCAL MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftPolicyManagerdefaultApplicationManagementAllowGameDVR
- Double-click the AllowGameDVR key’s DWORD value.
- Remove the current value from the data text field and replace it with 0.
- When you’re finished, click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor and restart the computer using the Start menu’s Restart option.
- To exit the Edit DWORD window, click OK.
8. Reduce the pooling rate of your mouse.
The polling rate is a measurement of how often a mouse’s pointer is refreshed. Using a gaming mouse with a lower polling rate is said to assist with FPS reductions in Valaront and other Windows 11 games.
If you have a specialized settings program for your gaming mouse, you may be able to adjust the polling rate. So, if your mouse has one, visit the settings app. Then search for a Pooling Rate or Report Rate option and lower it to about 500Hz.
Some gaming mice include specialized pooling rate controls or buttons. If your mouse has one, you may use it to decrease the pooling rate to 500Hz.
What should I do about Valorant’s FPS decreases on Windows 11?
Valorant offers a support service to assist gamers with game-related problems. You may contact that support service via Valorant’s website’s Submit a Request page. To make a support request on the Valorant site, you must be logged in.
The recommended resolutions may potentially improve Valorant’s FPS rate significantly on Windows 11. Valorant’s gameplay will be a little smoother now that the frame rate has been adjusted.
Not all of those possible remedies are unique to Valorant, however. Some of those resolutions may also help with FPS issues in other Windows 11 games.
There may be more methods to solve Valorant FPS dips in Windows 11 than those resolutions. Some of the techniques in our article on how to repair high FPS dips may also be useful for increasing Valorant’s FPS rate.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
The Valorant FPS drops to 0 is an issue that some users are experiencing. This can be fixed by doing the following steps. Reference: valorant fps drops to 0.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix Valorant FPS drops?
The FPS drops are most likely due to the fact that your computer is not powerful enough to run the game. If you have a good computer, this should not be an issue.
How do I fix low fps in Valorant laptop?
Valorant laptop is a bit old, and it might be time to upgrade.
How do I increase Valorant fps in low end PC?
Unfortunately, there is no way to increase your Valorant fps. The game was made for high end PCs and the only way to get higher performance is by getting a better PC.
- valorant fps drop on high end pc
- how to fix low client fps valorant
- valorant fps drops after update
- valorant fps drops reddit
- valorant fps drops to 0 reddit