Report Messages on Facebook Messenger
If you report a message or conversation, it’s sent to Facebook for review. We may follow up with you if we need more information about the reported content. If we find that the content doesn’t go against our Community Standards, we’ll let you know. You can only report messages from people who you’re friends with on Facebook. If you’re not friends with the person who sent you the message, you can block them. Learn how to block messages from someone on Messenger.
If you think a message you received on Facebook Messenger goes against our Community Standards, you can report it to us. Reporting a message will send it to our team of moderators who will review the content and take action if necessary.
Here’s how to report a message on Messenger:
1. Open the conversation that contains the message you want to report.
2. Tap the message.
4. Tap Report Spam or Abuse.
5. Select the reason for why you’re reporting the message and tap Send.
You can also report a conversation on Messenger:
1. Open the conversation you want to report.
2. Tap .
3. Tap Report Conversation.
4. Select the reason for why you’re reporting the conversation and tap Send.
We understand that receiving unsolicited or abusive messages can be upsetting. We want you to feel safe when using Messenger, so we’ve built several features to help you control the conversations you have.
You can block someone on Messenger to stop them from being able to contact you. When you block someone, they’ll no longer be able to:
– See when you’re active or recently active on Messenger
– Send you messages or calls
– See any messages you sent them while you were friends
– Add you as a friend
– Invite you to groups
– See what you post on your profile
– See your contact information
If someone’s bothering you on Messenger, learn how to report them.
When you block someone on Facebook, they won’t be able to see things you post on your profile, tag you in posts, comments or photos, invite you to events or groups, start a conversation with you, or add you as a friend. If you’re still friends with the person who’s blocked you and you want to report them for something they did in a conversation with you, you can report the message.
To report a message:
-Click at the top right of Facebook and select Settings.
-Click Blocking in the left column.
-In the Block Messages section, click Unblock next to the name of the person you want to unblock.
If you want to report something that goes against our Community Standards, you can use the Report link near the post, photo or comment to report it to us. Learn more about how to report abuse on Facebook.
If you unblock someone, you won’t be able to block them again for 48 hours.
It is now possible to report inappropriate messages on Facebook messenger. This feature is available on both the app and desktop versions of messenger. If you receive a message that violates Facebook’s Community Standards, you can report it by following the steps below.
How to report a message on messenger
1) Open the conversation in which you received the message that you wish to report.
2) Tap or click on the three dots in the top-right corner of the screen (on the app) or next to the person’s name (on desktop).
3) Select “report” from the drop-down menu.
4) Follow the prompts to complete your report.
Facebook will review the reported message and take appropriate action. If you have any further questions or concerns, you can contact Facebook’s Help Center.
Thank you for taking the time to report this issue. Together, we can help keep Facebook a safe and welcoming place for everyone.
Comments are closed.